Vacancy: (Lead) Non-Executive board member – Department for Exiting the European Union
October 6, 2016
- the policy work to support the UK’s negotiations to leave the European Union and to establish the future relationship between the EU and the UK
- working very closely with the UK’s devolved administrations, Parliament, and a wide range of other interested parties on what the approach to those negotiations should be
- conducting the negotiations in support of the Prime Minister including supporting bilateral discussions on EU exit with other European countries
- leading and co-ordinating cross-government work to seize the opportunities and ensure a smooth process of exit on the best possible terms
The Department for Exiting the European Union is seeking to fill a Lead Non-Executive board member position and other Non-Executive board member positions, including that of Chair of the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee.
Non-Executive Board members provide advice and bring an external perspective to the business of government. They give advice and support on the operational implications and effectiveness of policy proposals, focussing on getting policy translated into results. Policy will be decided by Ministers alone, with advice from officials.
For more information on Departmental boards and government non-executives please see http://www.gov.uk/government/publications/non-executive-directors
- sit on the Departmental Board, chaired by the Secretary of State;
- advise on strategy, performance and transformation, operational issues and the effective management of the Department;
- provide independent scrutiny for the Department upon request;
- advise on cross-government initiatives and policies;
- work with executives and their offices to continue to improve the performance of the Department
Closing date: 21/10/2016
Full vacancy details are available on the Centre for Public Appointments website.